Satisfy your sweet tooth the Croatian way with this fruit-filled dessert lovingly made by Peter Andre and family.
Serves: 8 - 10 Prep: 15 minutes, plus freezing or chilling time
500g berries of your choice, strawberries (halved), blueberries, raspberries
1 tbsp icing sugar
500ml Greek natural yogurt
200ml mascarpone, light
36 digestive biscuits, approximately, depending
on dish size
To decorate: (optional)
Extra berries for decoration
3 figs, halved
Handful unblanched whole almonds, sliced and toasted
Little icing sugar, to dust
1. In a bowl, mix the berries with 1 tsp of the icing sugar. Set to one side.
2. In a separate bowl beat yogurt, mascarpone and remaining icing sugar.
3. Spread a thin layer of the yogurt mix in alarge serving or baking dish.
4. Layer some of the digestives on top, break in half where necessary to fill the dish.Then cover with a layer of the yogurt mix.
5. Arrange ⅓ of the berries on top, then layer with the yogurt mix again.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until no more ingredients remain. The top layer should be berries.
7. For a firmer set freeze for 5 hours, or for a soft set chill for at least 3 hours.
8. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Pile extra berries, figs, and
almonds (if using) on top if liked, and dust with a little icing sugar for a show-
stopping, but easy dessert.
- Use any combination of berries or soft fruit of your choice.
- Try using other firm biscuits e.g. rich tea, malted, ginger, chocolate or chocolate chip
- Swap biscuits for crackers or madeleine or sponge fingers.
- Switch the icing sugar for 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste.