Try these easy to make, delicious bars using any combination of flavours of your choice from dark chocolate, nuts, seeds to dried fruits and fudge.
Makes: 12 Prep: 10 minutes, plus setting time
240g Nestle Original Shreddies
60g rolled oats
200g good quality no added sugar or salt peanut butter
100g maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
150g apple puree
75g 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
50g desiccated coconut, toasted
To decorate: (optional)
25g 70% dark chocolate, melted
15g chopped nuts of your choice
1. Line a 26cm x 8cm rectangle baking tin with baking paper.
2. Put Shreddies in a poly bag or bowl and lightly crush with a rolling pin. Leaving a few Shreddies uncrushed. Mix in the oats.
3. In a bowl mix peanut butter, maple syrup (honey or agave syrup) and apple puree. Microwave on high for 40 seconds, stirring halfway through.
4. Stir in the crushed Shreddies and oats. Finally, mix in the chocolate chunks and toasted desiccated coconut. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, pushing it together firmly with a spatula or spoon until level. Leave to firm and cool in the fridge.
5. If liked, drizzle with melted chocolate and nuts if using. Leave to set.
6. Remove from the fridge one hour before cutting into 12 bars. Serve with a glass of milk free alternative, milk or fresh orange juice if liked.
Swap apple puree for pureed dates. Microwave 150g chopped stoned Medjool dates with 2tbsp water in a bowl for 50 seconds. Mix vigorously with a spatula or spoon until blended and pureed.
Store any leftover bars in an airtight container.
Try different flavours and chocolate drizzles;
- White chocolate & cranberry: 100g white chocolate, chopped or chips and 100g dried cranberries.
- Banoffee: 100g fudge chunks and 75g soft chopped dried banana.
- Seeded or nuts: A few handfuls of toasted seeds of your choice: e.g. sesame, sunflower, pumpkin. Pecan, walnuts, brazil nuts either own their own or mixed seeds.