Indulge your sweet tooth with Ulrika Jonsson's delicious dessert.
Serves 8 -10 Prep: 20 minutes, plus cooling time Cook: 25 minutes
100 - 150g pistachio nuts, shelled and peeled
225g 70% dark chocolate, broken into squares
225g unsalted butter
4 large eggs
200g caster sugar
170g plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
To serve: (Optional)
Lightly whipped cream mixed with a little vanilla sugar
Equipment: 23cm loose-bottom cake tin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Butter the base and sides of the cake tin.
3. Chop the pistachios – not too fine – but enough so you can see their nice green colour. Sieve
if liked to remove all the tiny fragments. Use these to line some of the base and sides of the
4. Place the chocolate and butter in a pan set over a low heat. Allow to melt then cool slightly.
5. In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until it becomes pale and has increased in volume.
6. Mix flour and baking powder.
7. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Carefully fold in the flour
and baking powder mixture and continue to mix until the cake batter is smooth and even.
8. Pour the cake batter into the cake tin.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes and then check by inserting a skewer – it should be a bit sticky in the
middle. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tin.
10. Serve warm or cold with lightly whipped mixed a little vanilla sugar if liked.