Busy women are too willing to put their families first rather than themselves
– Dr Hilary says women are often too busy to go to the doctor and ignore symptoms of ovarian cancer
To mark Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Dr Hilary gives advice on how to spot early symptoms of the deadly disease.
Ovarian cancer symptoms:
1. Persistent bloating for no obvious reason
2. Reduced appetite or feeling full quickly
3. Pelvic, lower abdominal or back pain
4. Urinating more often or constipation
5. Pain during sexual activity
Ovarian cancer facts:
1. It is the most deadly gynecological cancer
2. It's currently the fifth most common cancer among women
3. There are more than 7,000 new diagnoses in the UK each year
4. The UK has the lowest survival rate in Western Europe, with a woman dying from ovarian cancer every two hours
5. There are some 4,300 deaths each year from ovarian cancer
For advice and information regarding ovarian cancer, please visit our helplines.