The remains of a police helicopter were today winched from the roof of a Glasgow pub allowing emergency services to begin a "painstaking" search of the building for more victims.

Around 120 people were crowded into the Clutha Bar for a music concert on Friday night when witnesses say the helicopter dropped from the sky "like a stone".

Another body was removed from the site today bringing the total number of fatalities to nine. A further 12 people remain hospital, three of them in intensive care.

Fire and rescue services carried out their final sweep of the premises with a "fingertip search" before calling off the search at around 9pm on Monday evening.

ITV News correspondent Martin Geissler reports:

Police officers lined the street as the helicopter was transported from the site in a lorry. Three of their colleagues who were travelling in the aircraft are among the dead.

A further six people were inside the pub when the roof caved in. Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael warned today that further casualties could still be found.

Firefighters, ambulance staff and police officers formed a guard of honour and saluted two private ambulances as they left the scene of the helicopter crash.

Watch: Sisters who survived helicopter crash return to site

Air accident investigators revealed today that there was no emergency call from the crew of the helicopter in the moments before the crash.

It also emerged that the fuel tank remained intact, preventing an explosion on impact.

David Miller, deputy chief inspector of the Air Accidents Investigation Branch, said today that instruments on board would help to piece together what happened in the final moments:

I can confirm that the helicopter does not have a flight data recorder. However, it does have a significant number of modern electronic systems on board and it may be possible to recover recorded data from those systems.

Watch: Helicopter fuel box remained intact preventing explosion

Emergency Services personnel form a Guard of Honour salute as an ambulance carries one of the victims away Credit: Andrew Milligan/PA Wire

The pilot of the helicopter David Traill, 51, died along with police officers Kirsty Nelis, 36, and Tony Collins, 43.

Two victims who were inside the pub have been named as 48-year-old Gary Arthur, from Paisley, and Samuel McGhee, 56, from Glasgow.

Pictures: Police helicopter wreckage removed from Glasgow pub

The wreckage of the police three-tonne Eurocopter is driven away Credit: Andrew Milligan/PA Wire

Police Scotland's Deputy Chief Constable, Rose Fitzpatrick, said:

This continues to be a difficult and complex operation. A painstaking process is under way to search and also to preserve the scene which is, of course, subject to investigation. The uncertainty for the families of those who have died is at the front of our minds. It remains our absolute priority to give clarity to those affected as soon as we are able. The loss of so many people has been deeply felt.

In pictures: Police helicopter crashes into Glasgow pub