Bob Hoskins' daughter has revealed the 11 life lessons he taught her before he died.
Writing on her website, Bob Hoskins' 30-year-old actress daughter said: "My darling Dad has died. I loved him to the ends of the earth and he loved me back just the same.
"These are the lessons he taught me, I will keep them close to my heart and remind myself of them whenever I stumble or falter.
"They are his words; the words spoke so often to encourage, comfort and reassure. This isn’t general wisdom, rather advice that he tailor made just for me. I love you Dad."
1) Laugh. There’s humour to be found everywhere, even your darkest days there’s something to have a joke about.
2) Be yourself. If someone doesn't like you they’re either stupid, blind, or they’ve got bad taste. Accept who you are, you've got no one else to be.
3) Be flamboyant. It’s who you are and always have been. Be eccentric and unique. Don’t try to adapt yourself to someone else’s view of normal.
4) Don’t worry about other people’s opinions. Everyone’s a critic, but ultimately what they say only matters if you let it.
5) Get angry. It’s ok to lose your temper now and then. If anger stays in, it turns to poison and makes you bitter and sad. Get angry, say your piece, then let it go.
6) What ever you do, always give it a good go. Don’t be afraid of failure and disappointment.
7) Be generous and kind because you can’t take it with you. When you’ve got something to give, give it without hesitation.
8) Appreciate beauty, take pictures and make memories. Capture it, you never know when it’ll be gone.
9) Don’t take yourself too seriously. People who take themselves too seriously are boring.
10) Never, ever, ever, ever give up. Keep on punching no matter what your up against.
11) Love with all your heart. In the end, love is the only thing that matters.
The full text is available on HauteHoskins.com.