A Colorado man was left with life-threatening injuries after a bizarre accident involving a cigarette that ended with him running over his own head.
According to local media in the city of Denver, the man was smoking a cigarette inside his vehicle when he managed to set fire to his own jacket.
He quickly dived out of the car in an attempt to smother the flames.
Unfortunately, the car was already in motion and the unlucky driver ended up falling under the front tyre, sustaining serious head injuries.
Police released a statement urging drivers to "eliminate distractions whenever possible - eating, cell phones, reading, smoking, excessively loud music etc."