The husband of X Factor judge Mel B has denied allegations he hit his wife after speculation surrounded her missing Saturday night's show due to illness.
The former Spice Girl returned for the final on Sunday night after being cleared by hospital doctors, the show said.
It comes after show bosses said on Saturday that the 39-year-old had been "unwell" for the past few days and would not be taking part in that evening's show having missed rehearsals on Thursday.
But following her return on Sunday evening some viewers tweeted about Mel's appearance saying she appeared to have scratches on her body and a bruised cheek.
Others noted that she did not appear to be wearing her wedding ring on the show while others went further by accusing her husband Stephen Belafonte of harming his wife.
This morning Mr Belafonte took to Twitter, denying the "disgusting" speculation.
During last night's show Mel thanked the medical staff who cared for her during the illness.
She said: "I really missed being here but thanks to all the doctors and nurses who took care of me and got me here tonight."
Asked by host Dermot O'Leary if she was feeling better, she replied: "Yes - ish."
The show saw Ben Haenow crowned winner of this year's X Factor.
Speaking today, Ben said the competition had helped heal "long-held rifts"in his family.