The Princess of Cambridge has not even been in the world a day yet but already it's been a busy 12 hours. Here's how events unfolded.
- 6am: The Duchess of Cambridge is admitted to the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital after going into labour.
- 8.34am: Kate gives birth to her baby daughter who weighs in at 8lbs 3oz.
- 11.07am: The birth of the Princess of Cambridge is announced.
- 12.30am: The birth is officially proclaimed on an easel outside Buckingham Palace.
- 3.52pm: Prince William leaves the hospital to pick up his son Prince George.
- 4.13pm: William returns to the hospital with little George so he can meet his new baby sister for the first time.
- 6.11pm: William and Kate emerge from the hospital with their daughter for the first time before heading back inside to put her in a car seat.
- 6.16pm: The proud parents emerge once more and hold hands as they walk to their car to take the baby princess home.