Video report by ITV News Business Editor Joel Hills
Travel industry chiefs have called for universal safety standards to be introduced across Europe to help prevent future tragedies following the deaths of Bobby and Christi Shepherd in Corfu.
Last week, an inquest returned a verdict of unlawful killing over the deaths of the two children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on a Thomas Cook holiday in 2006.
The manager of the hotel and an electrician were both convicted over the deaths - but an ITV News investigation revealed both were still working in the industry, with electrician Christos Louvros even still employed at the same hotel.
Both have now been sacked - but travel association ABTA told Joel Hills of its concerns over procedures in place at foreign hotels.