A hedgehog is being treated by staff at an animal centre in the Netherlands after it was found in a 'drunken coma' on a pavement.
The animal had succumbed to the contents of a broken bottle of Advocaat and was found covered in the liquid in the street by a member of the public.
Oswin Geuskens, who works at the animal shelter in Velp, Gelderland, said: "He was brought in to us on Sunday morning. He was asleep and snorting.
"It's the first time I've seen a drunken animal. He was completely drunk. He didn't know what was around him."
The animal is thought to have drunk quite a lot of the drink, made from eggs, sugar and brandy, and there are concerns he could have swallowed bits of the glass bottle.
"I'm amazed he's still alive," Mr Geuskens added.
He said he had put the story on the animal shelter's Facebook page to raise awareness of the dangers of dropping litter like glass bottles.
It is hoped the hedgehog will recover so they can release him back into the wild.