British neo-Nazi convicted of terror plot to put Prince Harry on throne
A neo-Nazi extremist who fantasised about shooting Prince Charles so Harry could be king has been found guilty of plotting a terror attack "for the Aryan people".
Mark Colborne, 37, wrote an account in his diary of his plan to assassinate the royal heir with a high powered sniper rifle.
The court heard Colborne felt alienated and marginalised for being a white, ginger-haired, man and also suffering from agoraphobia and depression.
Colborne also compared himself to Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik and had manuals entitled Assorted Nasties, Silent Death and The Poor Man's James Bond, jurors at the Old Bailey were told.
He was caught after his half brother found papers in his bedroom at the family home in Southampton in which he outlined his racial hatred.
Earlier this year a jury could not agree a verdict after a trial, but he has been found guilty following a retrial of preparing terrorist acts before his arrest on June 3 last year.
The jury deliberated for more than 14 hours to deliver its majority verdict.
While the jury found him guilty of the charge, it rejected aspects of the allegations that he possessed chemicals to make cyanide and dimethyl sulphoxide, and stockpiled paraphernalia including syringes, screw top spray and face masks.
Judge John Bevan QC adjourned sentencing to Tuesday November 3.
Colborne made no reaction in the dock as the verdict was delivered.
Prosecutor Annabel Darlow QC said Colborne's notes showed a hatred for "non-Aryans" who he referred to as "blacks and Caucasian idiots".