Premier League champions Chelsea have submitted a planning application to build a new stadium on the site of Stamford Bridge.
The West Londonders want to construct a 60,000 capacity stadium to replace their current home, which holds just over 41,000 spectators.
Stamford Bridge would need to be demolished as part of the process to build the new stadium, which would see Chelsea player home games away from the area for a period.
If the construction is given permission it would also allow fans direct access to the new ground from Fulham Broadway station.
Chelsea say the main details of the application are:
- Stadium seating capacity to expand from 41,600 to 60,000 spectators
- An outstanding view of the stadium from every seat
- An arena designed to create an exciting atmosphere
- Direct access to and from Fulham Broadway Station, making travel more efficient
- Stadium facilities improved for every area