British actor Idris Elba has been named among the winners of this year's Screen Actors Guild awards - scooping the top prize in two categories.
Elba picked up one award for best male TV actor for his role as a troubled detective in the BBC series 'Luther' and the other for best supporting male actor for his portrayal of a commandent in charge of a group of young Ghanaian rebels in the film 'Beasts of No Nation'.
The London born actor said he "didn't know what to say" when he heard his name read out not just once but twice.
Speaking on stage in LA Elba said:
Also flying the flag for British acting talent was the Downton Abbey cast who beat popular shows Game Of Thrones, Homeland, House Of Cards and Mad Men to scoop the award for best ensemble drama cast.
Lesley Nicol, who plays Mrs Patmore, accepted the award on behalf of the cast saying it was "mind-blowing" to have been nominated.
Full list of award winners so far:
- Best male actor: Leonardo DiCaprio - The Revenant
- Best female actor: Brie Larson - Room
- Best supporting male actor: Idris Elba - Beasts of No Nation
- Best supporting female actor: Alicia Vikander - The Danish Girl
- Best ensemble cast: Spotlight
- Life Achievement: Carol Burnett
- Best male actor (TV, movie or miniseries): Idris Elba - Luther
- Best female actor (TV, movie or miniseries): Queen Latifah - Bessie
- Best ensemble cast (drama): Downton Abbey
- Best ensemble cast (comedy): Orange Is The New Black
- Best male actor (drama) : Kevin Spacey - House of Cards
- Best female actor (drama): Viola Davis - How To Get Away With Murder
- Best male actor (comedy): Jeffery Tambor - Transparent
- Best female actor (comedy): Uzo Aduba - Orange Is The New Black