An "urgent" inquiry has been demanded into how a fake bomb left by a security firm caused a Premier League at Old Trafford to be abandoned.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the "incredibly realistic-looking" device that was found in the toilets.
The security alert led to United's 75,000-seater stadium being evacuated just 20 minutes before kick-off against Bournemouth.
The match was subsequently called off and rearranged for Tuesday at 8pm.
Tony Lloyd, the police and crime commissioner for Greater Manchester, said the "fiasco" had put fans' lives in danger as he called for a full inquiry.
"It is outrageous this situation arose and a full inquiry is required to urgently find out how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable," Mr Lloyd said.
Army bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion on the device in the North West Quadrant of the ground at 4.30pm.
Hours later, police confirmed the fake device had been left by a "private company" after an earlier drill involving search dogs.
Ed Woodward, United's vice-chairman, said the club will "investigate the incident to inform future actions and decisions".