Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Sir Bruce Forsyth pulls out of wife's business launch due to 'mobility issues'

Sir Bruce Forsyth Credit: PA

Sir Bruce Forsyth has been forced to pull out of the launch of his wife's business as he continues to recover from surgery.

The 88-year-old's manager said that Sir Bruce's recovery following keyhole surgery in November of last year was "not longer than expected, but longer than hoped".

"Mobility issues" mean that the entertainer will miss the launch of his wife, Wilnelia's, candle range at London upmarket department store Fortnum and Mason on Wednesday after also being too frail to attend the funeral of close friend Ronnie Corbett on April 18.

If he were well enough to go or medically advised, he would be there, but we're not at that point.

He's not going to do something that would endanger recuperation.

– Ian Wilson, Sir Bruce's manager

Wilnelia said in December last year that they hoped it would take "one or two months more for him to fully recover" from surgery to fix two aortic aneurysms (an enlargement or dilation of the aorta artery) discovered after a fall in the former Strictly Come Dancing host's home in October.