Former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli has revealed she is suffering from a virus which stops her from eating.
The French star had been due to play in a ladies' invitational doubles exhibition match at the All England Club on Tuesday.
But Wimbledon organisers issued a statement saying she was being replaced on "medical" grounds.
Bartoli, 31, has continued to work at Wimbledon and is due to commentate on the ladies' singles final on Saturday.
She spoke of her illness in an interview with Paris Match this week and confirmed she will undergo hospital tests following the results of blood tests.
She said: "It was predictable. I have a virus that my body is fighting. That's why I can't eat anything. I'm going to have to go to a clinic, in Italy, at the end of Wimbledon."
She said her hospitalisation will be "a good experience".
Bartoli is said to have lost more than three stone in weight since she retired from tennis after winning the Wimbledon title in 2013.
She has spoken about sticking to a new diet, which is free of gluten, sugar, salt and dairy, and only eats organic food.
In an interview with French newspaper L'Equipe in December, she said: "I'm not thin, I'm muscular and fit and I've always taken care of my diet."