More than 50,000 people have now been rounded up, suspended or dismissed by the Turkish government as part of its purge of suspected opponents following last week's failed coup.
The crackdown extended to academics, who were banned from leaving the country in an unprecedented move announced by the Turkish government on Wednesday.
Turkish authorities also formally charged 99 of the country's roughly 360 military generals for their alleged role in the attempted military coup. A further 14 generals remain in detention following the abortive putsch.
Turkey has accused cleric and former President Erdogan ally Fethullah Gulen of being responsible for the coup attempt and has called on the US to arrest and extradite him.
On Tuesday, Turkey's Justice Ministry sent the US a dossier amid the calls to hand Gulen over to Turkish authorities.
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim did not say whether the dossier amounted to an official extradition request, but pledged to supply US authorities with evidence linking the coup attempt to Gulen, who has been exiled in Pennsylvania since the late 1990s.
A spokesman for the Turkish government said the US should be able to extradite the cleric "on grounds of suspicion" rather than requiring specific facts about the case against him.
Gulen, meanwhile, said accusations linking him to the coup attempt were "ridiculous".
"I urge the US government to reject any effort to abuse the extradition process to carry out political vendettas," he said in a statement.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is due to chair meetings of his national security council and cabinet in the capital Ankara on Wednesday as he returns to the city for the first time since the coup attempt.