Lifeguards will be on duty at Camber Sands over the bank holiday weekend after an outcry at the lack of patrols at the East Sussex beach where five friends drowned this week.
A temporary RNLI lifeguard service will be stationed at the beach to "reassure the public and advise on safety".
The decisions follows the deaths on Wednesday of five men, Inthushan Sri, 23, Nitharsan Ravi, 22, Kurushanth Srithavarajah, 26, and brothers Kobi Nathan, 21, and Ken, 19, all from London. Their deaths comes just a month after another man, Brazilian Gustavo Silva Da Cruz, 19, drowned at Camber.
The tragedy promoted the RNLI to offer the local authority volunteer lifeguards over the weekend.
A RNLI spokesman said: "In response to recent tragic events at Camber Sands, the RNLI is working with Rother District Council to provide reassurance to the public by providing a temporary RNLI lifeguard service which will work alongside the existing local authority personnel.
"The charity will provide a team of five to six lifeguards and appropriate equipment over the bank holiday weekend, Saturday - Monday, 9am to 6pm on Camber Sands who will work alongside the local authority beach patrol teams.
"In addition to the lifeguard service, the RNLI will also be providing a face-to-face team who will be on hand to provide key safety information to all visitors at the beach."
Relatives of some of the men have criticised the lack of lifeguards at the beach. Ken and Kobi Nathan's father, Satthiyanathan Arumukam, 51, of Erith, south-east London, told The Sun: "There were no lifeguards on the beach where they died. If there had been, my sons would have at least had a fighting chance of survival."
Mr Ravi's younger brother, Ajirthan, 19, said: "There wasn't any lifeguards cruising around, because they would have quickly noticed these boys drowning, and could have at least saved their lives."
A spokesman for Rother District Council said that, despite there being no lifeguards, there were summer patrols to advise people of potential dangers.