Video report by ITV News Correspondent Emma Murphy
Tributes have started to pour in for three Brits - including a married couple and a 14-year-old boy - killed in the earthquake which has devastated central Italy.
They are among at least 281 people confirmed dead so far, with almost 400 others injured in hospital.
It is believed Mr and Mrs Henniker-Gotley's two children, aged 12 and 14, survived the quake - though their condition is not known.
ITV News understands that Marcos' mother Anne-Louise suffered facial injuries including a broken nose, while his father Simon is in hospital with a broken leg. His sister also survived.
Mr and Mrs Henniker-Gotley are thought to have owned a property in Sommati, a village around 1.3 miles (2km) from Amatrice. The Burnett family had been staying with them when the earthquake struck.
A neighbour, who said she knew the Henniker-Gotleys "very well", described them as a "lovely family".
"It's terrible news, so awful. I knew them all very well," she said.
"They were lovely. They were a lovely family. It's very hard to take in. They were very warm and friendly, extremely good neighbours. It's just so awful to think of their children."
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said Mrs Henniker-Gotley's father was from the Amatrice region and said the couple had bought the house when he became ill.
Mr Henniker-Gotley was an entrepreneur, another neighbour revealed, while his wife worked as a finance director for educational charity Children & The Arts in Bethnal Green.
The charity paid tribute to Mrs Henniker-Gotley, saying she had worked there for eight years.
She was totally dedicated, meticulous and professional and worked tirelessly to support the work of the charity.
Nick Barker, headmaster at Wetherby Senior School in Marylebone, said the school was "bereft" at the loss of Marcos.
"Marcos attended all three Wetherby schools and was always utterly charming, personable and engaging company", he said.
"He was quick witted, always had a smile on his face and wanted to be involved in everything. He was a friend to all and a credit to his school and family".
The tributes came as a neighbour told the Daily Telegraph how he rushed out in the middle of the night to attempt to rescue people trapped under the rubble using the light from his mobile phone.
Bruno Formicola, 50, said he "heard cries for help in English from underneath" and managed to rescue two teenagers from the rubble.
He said: "Then there was a big aftershock and we had to wait. We started again, even though it was very dangerous as we were afraid the wall would collapse."
The three victims' devastated families had paid tribute earlier to rescue workers in a statement issued by the Foreign Office.
It said: "It is with sadness that we can confirm the deaths of Maria, 51, and Will, 55, Henniker-Gotley and Marcos Burnett, 14, in the earthquake in Amatrice, Italy on August 24.
"Their families have paid tribute to the tireless work of the Italian rescue workers and hospital staff and expressed their gratitude for the love and support they have received from the Italian people.
"Their thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the earthquake."