League One: Charlton end Bolton's perfect start

Ademola Lookman celebrates for Charlton. Credit: PA

A 90th-minute stunner from Charlton substitute Ademola Lookman saw Bolton's perfect start to the Sky Bet League One season come to an end.

The visitors had taken the lead through Gary Madine in the 53rd minute after good work from Liam Trotter on the wing, but teenager Lookman denied Bolton a fifth successive win with his late 20-yard strike securing a 1-1 draw.

But with nearest challengers Bradford and Scunthorpe also failing to win on Saturday, Bolton remain two points clear at the top of the table.

Billy Clarke scored from the penalty spot as Bradford and Oldham played out a 1-1 draw - Peter Clarke having given the visitors a fifth-minute lead - while 10-man Scunthorpe were beaten 3-1 by Port Vale.

Alex Jones netted twice for the Valiants after Anton Forrester had given them a 33rd-minute lead. Scunthorpe had drawn level through Josh Morris' goal on the stroke of half-time but Jordan Clarke's dismissal for a second yellow card in the 55th minute left them with too much to do.

Gillingham stormed back from 2-0 down at the break to seal a dramatic 3-2 win at Shrewsbury thanks to a stoppage-time goal from Max Ehmer.

Shrewsbury had been in the driving seat courtesy of a Louis Dodds brace before Jay Emmanuel-Thomas netted twice to level things up.

Bury also staged an impressive fightback, recovering from three goals down at half-time to earn a point in a 3-3 thriller at Walsall.

Goals from Kieron Morris, Erhun Oztumer and Simeon Jackson had the hosts 3-0 up after just 32 minutes. Walsall could have been out of sight by the break but Bury shot-stopper Ben Williams twice foiled Jackson in one-on-ones.

Bury were back in it with goals from Leon Barnett and James Vaughan in the first five minutes of the second half, before Danny Mayor levelled things up after 66 minutes.

A first-half double from Steve Morison inspired Millwall to a 3-1 win at Chesterfield.

Morison pounced after Shane Ferguson opened the scoring for the visitors and although Sam Hird pulled one back in the second half, it was too late to rescue Chesterfield.

Sheffield United moved off the bottom of the table after coming from behind to beat Oxford 2-1, with second-half strikes from Billy Sharp and James Wilson cancelling out Kane Hemmings' effort.

An own goal by goalkeeper Ryan Clarke in the fifth minutes of stoppage time denied Neal Ardley's AFC Wimbledon their first win of the season as Rochdale earned a share of the spoils in a 1-1 draw at the Crown Oil Arena, Andy Barcham having put the visitors ahead early on.

Veteran Marcus Tudgay struck to earn Coventry a 1-1 draw with Northampton after Harry Beautyman had opened the scoring.

Elsewhere, Peterborough beat MK Dons 2-0 with goals from Andrew Hughes and Michael Bostwick, while Fleetwood beat Southend by the same scoreline thanks to efforts from Chris Long and Ashley Hunter.

In the day's early kick-off, referee Oliver Langford was forced to call off Swindon's home tie with Bristol Rovers after an hour of play due to a severely waterlogged pitch.