With the Paralympic Games set to begin in Brazil, here are some facts and stats about Rio 2016.
- It is the 15th modern Summer Paralympics and it will be the time that Latin America has staged the Paralympics.
- Around 4,350 athletes from more than 160 countries will take part, more than at any previous Games.
- The newcomers to the Paralympic Games are: Aruba, Congo, Malawi, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, and Togo.
- A small team of eight independent Paralympics athletes with refugee or asylum status will also be competing for the first time.
- The Paralympics GB team will compete in 19 of the 22 sports, including athletics, rowing, wheelchair basketball, swimming and table tennis.
- ParalympicsGB has finished in the top three on the medal table at the last four Games.