The People v. O.J. Simpson was the big winner at the 68th Emmy Awards, clearing up in the majority of categories it was entered in.
It was also a big night for Game of Thrones which won best drama series among other categories, making it the most honoured prime-time TV series.
With 38 Emmys the programme broke the 12-year record for the most Emmy wins by a series which had been held by Fraiser with 37 Emmys.
There was also British success at the ceremony in Los Angeles, with Emmys for Dame Maggie Smith who was named best supporting actress in a drama series for her role in Downton Abbey, comedian John Oliver who's Last Week Tonight won outstanding variety talk show, and BBC drama Sherlock The Abominable Bride received the television movie award.
Winners in key categories:
- Best drama series - Game of Thrones
- Best comedy series - Veep
- Actor in a drama series - Rami Malek, Mr. Robot
- Actress in a drama series - Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
- Actor in a comedy series - Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent
- Actress in a comedy series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
- Best limited series - The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story
- Actor in a limited series or movie - Courtney B. Vance, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story
- Actress in a limited series or TV movie - Sarah Paulson, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story
- Variety talk series - Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Reality competition program - The Voice