Owners of faulty Whirlpool tumble dryers must stop using them immediately, fire chiefs urged.
London Fire Brigade has renewed its campaign to halt use of the dryers after 120 firefighters were required to tackle a huge tower block blaze.
A faulty Indesit tumble dryer was found to be the cause of the fire in August, which engulfed an 18-storey building in Shepherd's Bush.
LFB have now encouraged owners Whirlpool to advise customers not to use dryers awaiting modification.
A reported 5.3 million dryers made by Whirlpool brands Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda between April 2004 and September 2015 are subject to a safety notice about the fire risk - caused by excess fluff coming into contact with the heating element.
LFB's director of operations, Dave Brown, said: "This fire has highlighted just how dangerous faulty white goods can be.
"Disappointingly though, Whirlpool have still not changed their advice to consumers.
"Following the conclusion of our investigation, we are now appealing once again for them to change their advice and bring it into line with our own".
He added: "Thankfully there were no serious injuries in the Shepherd's Bush fire but we may not be so lucky if it happens again".
Consumer group Which? said it hopes the Government will review the Whirlpool case.