Brad Pitt will not face any charges over claims he became "verbally abusive and physical" with his son Maddox on a private jet.
The Hollywood actor was alleged to have "got wasted" on a private jet and "went wild, screaming", according to reports at the time.
An investigation into the reported clash between the actor and his 15-year-old adopted son has been closed after a "review of the circumstances", the FBI said.
In a statement, it added: "The FBI will not pursue further investigation. No charges have been filed in this matter."
A probe into whether Pitt, 52, was abusive was also conducted by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
The inquiry was closed earlier this month with no finding of wrongdoing by the actor
Pitt's wife Angelina Jolie Pitt filed for divorce days after the alleged incident, with her lawyer saying it was "for the health of the family".
Earlier in November the pair reached a custody agreement for their six children, who will remain with Jolie with visitation access for Pitt.
A representative for Jolie said at the time the actress was "relieved" that the DCFS investigation was over.
"Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their eight-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal," a statement said.
Pitt and Jolie married in 2014 but had been together since 2004 after meeting on the set of their movie Mr And Mrs Smith.
The last film they starred in together was called 'By The Sea' which was written and directed by Jolie.
In September, Jolie, 40, issued legal documents citing "irreconcilable differences" with the date of separation listed as September 15.