1. ITV Report

Another teenager stabbed to death on streets of London

Another teenager has been murdered on the streets of London. Credit: PA

Another teenager has been stabbed to death on the streets of the capital.

The victim, believed to be aged 18, was found with a stab injury in Uxbridge Road, Shepherd's Bush, west London on Wednesday night.

The Metropolitan Police said officers were called at about 9.20pm, along with paramedics and the London Air Ambulance.

Despite the efforts of medics, the teenager died at the scene a short time later.

It is the latest in a series of violent incidents in the capital, which saw five killings in six days earlier this month.

Mayor Sadiq Khan has come under increasing pressure - along with the Met Police - to do more to stop the surge in violence on the streets of the capital.

He has faced criticism from families of victims and US President Donald Trump, who has described him as a "disaster".

Donald Trump has described Sadiq Khan as a 'disaster'. Credit: PA

A murder investigation has been launched and police are working to track down those involved.

Detective Inspector Luke Wyllie, from Hammersmith and Fulham, said: "A young man's life has been tragically cut short.

"Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this very difficult time. We are doing everything we can to apprehend those involved.

"Extra police and specialist units are working on the ground now to build a clearer picture of what took place and work to protect and reassure those in the local community."

A Section 60 order - which gives police the power to stop and search people in a designated area - has been put in place in Shepherd's Bush and Notting Hill until Thursday afternoon.

Police at the scene of a stabbing in east London earlier this month. Credit: PA

Police are in the process of informing the teenager's next of kin and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

The death follows the fatal shooting of 25-year-old Edward Simpson in Feltham, west London, last Friday.

And it comes less than two week after four people were murdered over a weekend in the capital.