Video report by ITV News Correspondent Richard Pallot
An unpublished social media post written by Caroline Flack before she died has been released ahead of an inquest being opened into her death.
The note - which Flack was advised not to post - has been shared by her family and published in the Eastern Daily Press in which she says the domestic incident involving her boyfriend Lewis Burton was an accident.
It comes as the inquest into her death opened at Poplar Coroner's Court in east London on Wednesday morning. No members of Ms Flack's family attended the hearing.
Coroner's officer Sandra Polson said police were driving through Northwold Road, Stoke Newington, on Saturday February 15 when they were flagged down.
The inquest heard that the television personality was found "lying on her back" after an apparent hanging.
Police attempted to resuscitate Ms Flack, which was then continued by paramedics, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her body was identified by her sister Jody Flack. The hearing, which lasted four minutes, was adjourned until August 5.
Her time of death was registered at 2.36pm.
Prior to the hearing, Ms Flack's family shared an unpublished Instagram post written by the TV presenter which said: "Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me, collapsed. I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen.
"I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident."
Flack said she had been having "some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time".
She added: "But I am NOT a domestic abuser.
"We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident."
Former Love Island presenter Flack said pictures from the scene of the incident featured her own blood and were sold to a newspaper, although she did not say who was responsible for leaking the images.
She said: "That was something very sad and very personal.
"The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore.
"I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak.
"And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.
"I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone."
Flack said: "For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.
"I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life.
"I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.
"The problem with brushing things under the carpet is .... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment."
Flack, who grew up in Norfolk, closed the post with an apology to her family and friends.
She said: "I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.
"I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back'. I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.
"I can't say anymore than that."
Speaking to her local newspaper, the Eastern Daily Press, Flack's mother, Chris, said: "Carrie sent me this message at the end of January but was told not to post it by advisers but she so wanted to have her little voice heard.
"So many untruths were out there but this is how she felt and my family and I would like people to read her own words.
"Carrie was surrounded by love and friends but this was just too much for her."
Flack’s inquest began on Wednesday morning, four days after she was found dead at her home in east London.
The 40-year-old former Love Island host took her own life.
Flack’s death, confirmed on Saturday evening, was the latest connected to the ITV2 show and prompted a tidal wave of grief from celebrity friends and members of the public.
Flack stepped down from presenting the current winter series of Love Island after an alleged assault on boyfriend Lewis Burton.
The TV star pleaded not guilty at a court hearing in December and was released on bail.
But she was ordered to stop having any contact with Burton ahead of a trial which had been due to begin in March.
The troubled dating show did not air on Saturday or Sunday as a mark of respect to her family and returned on Monday with a tribute to Flack, who started hosting the programme in 2015.
Samaritans operates a 24-hour service available every day of the year, by calling 116 123. If you prefer to write down how you’re feeling, or if you’re worried about being overheard on the phone, you can email Samaritans at email@example.com