Lady Gaga's dog walker Ryan Fischer says he had part of his lung removed following shooting

Lady Gaga's dog Miss Asia and Ryan Fischer in hospital. Credit: Instagram/saintrocque

Lady Gaga’s dog walker had part of his lung removed after being shot in the chest by thieves who stole two of her French Bulldogs.

In an Instagram post, Ryan Fischer revealed he had been making a "remarkably fast" recovery and had left hospital.

But he began to experience "strange hissing and glugging coming from my chest every time I took a breath" and had to be taken back to A&E where an x-ray revealed his lung had partially collapsed.

He wrote on Instagram: “It became quite clear that my lung was not healing, and the bullet wound had scarred my tissue like a burn.

“It could take months, if ever, for the hole to seal. Lunches of grilled cheese and tomato soup and art walks blurred into one until the day came to remove portions of my lung.”

Mr Fischer said his recovery “had become anything but a straight line”.

He added: “Now that I’m finding my way in the outside world where triggers are real and working through trauma is WAY more than dealing with one unfortunate moment in life, I look back at my exit from the hospital and smile that I continue to approach each day the same way.”

Mr Fischer ended his lengthy post by saying: "The journey is hard, it's assuredly painful, and questionable choices that no longer serve me like wearing skinny jeans are made. But I try. And somewhere within that I find the absurdity and wonder and beauty this life offers us all."

Mr Fischer’s shooting was caught on video from a doorbell camera of a nearby home. He screamed “Oh my God! I’ve been shot!” and “I’m bleeding out from my chest!” after being shot with a semi-automatic handgun.

Koji and Gustav, the dogs that were taken, were returned unharmed when a woman returned them to a Los Angeles police station.

The third dog, Miss Asia, stayed with Mr Fischer after he had been shot. Gaga, 35, was in Italy filming a movie when the incident happened.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department said the investigation was ongoing.