The world number two has been taking time away from the court since withdrawing from the French Open for mental health reasons.
The tennis ace announced she would not be doing any press at the French Open, and subsequently withdrew from the French Open, saying she has plans to "take some time away from the court".
The 23-year-old had been fined 15,000 US dollars and threatened with expulsion by tournament organisers.
Wimbledon is set to begin on June 28 and tournament organisers had been hopeful the Japanese player would take her place in the women’s singles draw.
But in a statement on www.olympics.com, her management teams said: “Naomi won’t be playing Wimbledon this year. She is taking some personal time with friends and family.
“She will be ready for the Olympics and is excited to play in front of her home fans.”
Wimbledon tweeted: “You’ll be greatly missed, @naomiosaka – wishing you all the best at home and the Olympics and hope to welcome you back next year.”
On Wednesday, Wimbledon chief executive Sally Bolton had revealed that the All England Club was expecting Osaka to compete.
Bolton said: “We’ve reached out to her team, we haven’t spoken to Naomi herself. At this point in time she’s entered into the Championships and we haven’t received confirmation that she won’t compete.”
Tournament director Jamie Baker added: “I had the conversation with her team. It’s absolutely clear that we’re here, we’re completely open for any discussions when they want to have that.
“Hopefully it goes without saying that we want the best players competing here no matter what.
“We treat every single player with a tremendous amount of care.”