TV Presenter Michaela Strachan's dogs are recovering from a possible methamphetamine poisoning, otherwise known as Crystal meth, after they ate human poo on a walk in Cape Town.
The Springwatch co-host, who lives in Cape Town, posted to social media and said that she had to nurse her dogs Rio and Timmy, through a "hectic tik trip."
"Tik" is also another name for the drug Crystal meth.
The dogs suffered from "shakes, twitching, vomiting, peeing, disorientation & paranoia."
Strachan said: "After walking my dogs through a ruined fort on the mountain yesterday, a few hours later they looked like they were both having seizures and couldn't stand up."
She also revealed that she rushed her dogs to the vet, who recognised Rio and Timmy's symptoms as an overdose of the drug.
She continued: "Apparently the ruined fort is where a lot of homeless people hang out and take tik so the dogs must’ve eaten human poo with tik in it! Extraordinarily, the vet has come across the problem before."Spent the night nursing them through their hectic trips as they shook, twitched, vomited and peed. Waking up confused, disorientated, paranoid and spaced out."
In an update for her social media followers on Monday, Michaela Strachan said that Rio and Timmy were on the beach and "back to their old selves. Tails wagging, noses wet, tongues out and chasing seaweed.
"Seemingly none the worse for their guest appearance in Breaking Bad! Thank you for all your comments and support. Weird experience!"