Richard Madeley was taken to hospital from the set of ITV's I'm A Celebrity on Thursday morning, after suddenly falling ill.
The 65-year-old became unwell in the early hours of the morning, and was tended to by the show's medical team before he was taken to hospital.
An ITV spokesperson said: "Richard was unwell in the early hours and was immediately seen by our on-site medical team.
"He's since been taken to hospital as a precaution, the health and safety of our campmates is our priority."
Listen to Unscripted, the ITV News Entertainment podcast
A spokeswoman for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 05:43am this morning, Thursday 25 November 2021, to reports of a medical emergency at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Conwy.
"We sent a paramedic in a rapid response car and an emergency ambulance to the scene, and one patient was taken to hospital."
In Wednesday's episode of the show, the Good Morning Britain presenter slid head first into a sewer of rotten fruit and vegetables during a trial called Castle Kitchen Nightmares.
The challenge saw Richard hunt for ten hidden stars in a room "full of castle critters" as rotten food was dumped on him from above.The presenter - who used to co-host chat show Richard and Judy with his wife Judy Finnigan - is a contestant on this year's series of ITV reality show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Former contestant Shane Richie last year revealed he was "really ill" during his time on the show, and lost just under a stone in the camp.
The reality series usually takes place in Australia, but international Covid restrictions mean contestants are based at Gwrych Castle in Wales this series. It is the second year the show has been filmed here.