Tributes have been made for 'much-loved' Scott Sibley, as Rebecca Barry reports
Tributes have been paid "bravest person" Scott Sibley, the first British national known to have been killed in Ukraine.
A fundraising page set up in Mr Sibley’s name paid tribute to his “contagious laugh and ability to cheer us up".
Friend Craig Gant added: "Scott was a son, father, brother and uncle. To me he was a friend like no other and the bravest person I've had the pleasure to have known."
Tributes were also left on the Logistic Support Squadron Facebook page, where a picture was posted alongside the comment: “This week the Sqn has lost a former serving soldier. A man that showed Commando spirit until the end. RIP. Scott Sibley.”
The Foreign Office confirmed they are supporting the family of a British national and are "urgently seeking further information" around another who is missing.
It is understood Mr Sibley was fighting with Ukrainian forces.
"We can confirm that a British national has been killed in Ukraine and are supporting their family,” the Foreign Office said.
"We are aware of a British National who is missing in Ukraine and are supporting their family," the department added. "We are urgently seeking further information."
ITV News gained exclusive footage of training sessions undertaken by foreign recruits inside the GL camp
Foreign fighters have travelled to Ukraine since the war broke out, including those from Britain.
In March, ITV News spoke to two Brits with no military background who had joined the fight against Russia, saying they are prepared to face "any consequences" to protect "innocent people."
Mark, 21, and Simon, 22 - not their real names - signed up to the Georgian Legion - an international army of volunteers being drawn from across the world, organised by Georgians, to help the Ukrainian resistance.
The FCDO has advised against travel to Ukraine and in March warned any who do could expect to be investigated on their return. Service personnel are banned from heading to Ukraine to join the fight.
Many answered Ukraine's call for foreign fighters at the start of the war - and Rebecca Barry has spoken to three of them, including a British man
A Ministry of Defence spokesperson has previously said: "All service personnel are prohibited from travelling to Ukraine until further notice.
"This applies whether the service person is on leave or not. Personnel travelling to Ukraine will face disciplinary and administrative consequences."
There was initially confusion on the government’s position after Foreign Secretary Liz Truss, in comments during an interview to the BBC on February 26, said she would “absolutely” support UK nationals who chose to fight for Ukraine.
However, she later rowed back on those comments, insisting she had been “expressing support for the Ukrainian cause” in her remarks, and that there are “better ways” to contribute to the country’s defence.
What you need to know - Listen to the latest episode
Earlier in April, reports emerged of two Britons captured by Russian forces in Mariupol. There is nothing to suggest that these are the two people referred to in the Foreign Office's statement.
Aiden Aslin, a 28-year-old from Nottinghamshire, was fighting in the war-torn city of Mariupol when he was captured earlier this month.
Fellow Briton Shaun Pinner, 48, was also captured during the siege.
Mr Aslin's family want Russia to free him after he appeared in a video asking to be part of a prisoner swap in exchange for pro-Russian politician Viktor Medvedchuk, who is being held by Ukraine.
Boris Johnson did not rule out a prisoner swap, but told TalkTV his government could not “pre-empt” what decisions may be made by Ukraine’s leaders.
The Kremlin is reported to have suggested the exchange more than a week ago.