A wooden lifeboat that served the Norfolk and Suffolk coast, but spent 20 years lying derelict, has been restored and returned to the sea.
Lucy Lavers was built in 1940 to serve as the Aldeburgh lifeboat but her first 'shout' was as part of the Little Ships flotilla which rescued thousands of British soldiers from the beaches of Dunkirk.
The 35 feet wooden boat went on to act as relief lifeboat at Lowestoft and Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk.
She has been lovingly restored by Stiffkey boatbuilders, David and George Hewitt, and a group of traditional craftsmen, thanks to heritage lottery funding and a lot of work by volunteers at Rescue Wooden Boats.
Lucy Lavers will start an epic journey down the east coast later this week and will join the Little Ships flotilla as they re-create Operation Dynamo 75 years on. She will eventually return to Wells where she will be used to demonstrate the region's rich, maritime heritage.