The South Northamptonshire MP Andrea Leadsom has confirmed she'll stand for the leadership of the Conservative party, but she'll have to see off competition from some big-hitters if she's to get the job.
Her cause will have been helped by the absence of former favourite Boris Johnson who no longer wants to be considered.
MPs from across our region have already started confirming which candidates they'll be backing with the new leader set to be announced in September.
The front-runner Theresa May had the most backing from MPs in the Anglia region by Monday afternoon with 24 declarations of support from the 62 Conservative MPs in the area.
Andrea Leadsom has pledges from ten MPs, with Michael Gove gaining five. Stephen Crabb has two MPs from the Anglia region supporting his bid while Liam Fox had one.
Current Home Secretary Theresa May is seen as the overwhelming favourite to make it into Downing Street, especially after Boris Johnson's decision to pull out.
She can count on a lot of support from MPs in our region too, with Suffolk MPs James Cartlidge and Therese Coffey as well as Great Yarmouth's Brandon Lewis among her backers.
Interestingly, Northamptonshire MPs Michael Ellis and David Mackintosh have also pledged their support to May's campaign - which will come as a blow to South Northamptonshire MP Andrea Leadsom who is also in the running to be leader.
South Cambridgeshire MP Heidi Allen will have been relieved to hear that Boris Johnson is no longer in the running after criticising him.
She is another who is firmly in the May camp
MPs from the Anglia region backing Theresa May
- Peter Aldous - Waveney
- Heidi Allen - Cambridgeshire South
- Stephen Barclay - Cambridgeshire North East
- Sir Simon Burns - Chelmsford
- James Cartlidge - South Suffolk
- James Cleverly - Braintree
- Therese Coffey - Suffolk Coastal
- Jonathan Djanogly - Huntingdon
- Sir Alan Duncan - Rutland & Melton
- Michael Ellis - Northampton North
- Richard Fuller - Bedford
- Sir Edward Garnier - Harborough
- Ben Gummer - Ipswich
- Rob Halfon - Harlow
- Sir Alan Hasehurst - Saffron Walden
- Matthew Hancock - West Suffolk
- Sir Oliver Heald - North East Hertfordshire
- Mark Lancaster - Milton Keynes North
- Brandon Lewis - Great Yarmouth
- David Mackintosh - Northampton South
- Stephen Metcalfe - Basildon South & Thurrock East
- Mike Penning - Hemel Hempstead
- Sir Eric Pickles - Brentwood & Ongar
- Will Quince - Colchester
- Grant Shapps - Welwyn Hatfield
- Keith Simpson - Broadland
- Liz Truss - South West Norfolk
South Northamptonshire MP Andrea Leadsom has picked up a whole host of support since announcing her leadership bid.
Corby & East Northamptonshire MP Tom Pursglove was the first to back her and he says that Leadsom is "strong and able to deliver on Brexit."
Leadsom may have been disappointed to see that she didn't get support from elsewhere in Northamptonshire in the shape of Michael Ellis and David Mackintosh, but she does have time on her side to gather support from elsewhere.
MPs from the Anglia region backing Andrea Leadsom
- John Baron - Basildon & Billericay
- Nadine Dorries - Mid Bedfordshire
- James Duddridge - Rochford & Southend East
- Chris Heaton-Harris - Daventry
- Stewart Jackson - Peterborough
- Bernard Jenkin - Harwich & North Essex
- Peter Lilley - Hitchin & Harpenden
- Dr Dan Poulter - Central Suffolk & Ipswich North
- Tom Pursglove - Corby
Justice Secretary Michael Gove took everybody by surprise by announcing his intention to stand after many people expected him to offer his support to Boris Johnson instead.
North West Cambridgeshire MP Shailesh Vara believes that Gove is the best man for the top job, and has described him as "a man of conviction with a very sharp intellect."
MPs from the Anglia region backing Michael Gove
- Sir Henry Bellingham - North West Norfolk
- Nick Boles - Grantham & Stamford
- John Hayes - South Holland & The Deepings
- Shailesh Vara - North West Cambridgeshire
- John Whittingdale - Maldon
No one is giving Work and Pensions Secretary Stephen Crabb much of a look in, but he can count on the backing of Norwich North MP Chloe Smith.
She has been impressed with his "compassionate Conservatism' and believes he is the man to unite the country.
Crabb will need to get further backing in the coming weeks and months though if he is to stand a chance.
MPs from the Anglia region backing Stephen Crabb
- Andrew Selous - South West Bedfordshire
- Chloe Smith - Norwich North
MPs from the Anglia region backing Liam Fox
- Iain Stewart - Milton Keynes South
A lot of MPs are having to re-think their choice following Boris Johnson's bombshell after they firmly nailed their colours to his mast.
Braintree's James Cleverly has now decided to support Theresa May following Boris' announcement last week.
Cleverly was a member of Boris' campaign team.