Lightning strikes have caused massive disruption for rail passengers using East Midlands and Greater Anglia trains in the East.
Damage to overhead electric wires at various locations between Norwich and Ely has caused delays to services.
Signalling equipment has also been damaged between Norwich and Diss which is causing major disruption to all services to and from the city.
Passengers travelling to and from Norwich are being warned of disruption until 9pm.
Network Rail says the following routes have been affected:
- Trains between Norwich and Sheringham may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
- Trains between Norwich and Lowestoft may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
- Trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
- Trains cannot run between Norwich and Cambridge, a limited bus service will run between these stations
- Trains cannot run between Norwich and Diss