Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
- Click below to watch Anglia Late Edition from 7 December 2017
Anglia Late Edition reviews the big political issues of the year and looks ahead to 2018 with a panel of politicians from the region.
After the Brexit referendum in 2016, this year was always going to be dramatic and eventful.
Article 50 was triggered in March as Britain started the two-year countdown clock for leaving the European Union.
But then in May came an unscheduled General Election with an unexpected result.
Prime Minister Theresa May called it early in the expectation of winning a bigger majority but was left as a minority government.
Emma Hutchinson was joined in the studio by four politicians from the East of England.
- Bim Afolami is the newly-elected Conservative MP for Hitchin and Harpenden
- Daniel Zeichner has been the Labour MP for Cambridge since 2015
- Norman Lamb is the longest-serving Liberal Democrat MP in the Anglia region having represented North Norfolk since 2001
- Margot Parker is the deputy leader of UKIP and is an MEP for the East Midlands based in Northamptonshire
The programme looks ahead to 2018 with the future of Theresa May as Prime Minister still in question.
Negotiations over Brexit should switch to sorting out the future trade deal with the European Union as the deadline for leaving in March 2019 looms.