Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
- Click below to watch Anglia Late Edition from 16 January 2018
Anglia Late Edition discusses the problems the NHS is facing this winter and looks ahead to 2018 with a panel of politicians from the region.
Some commentators say the National Health Service is facing its worst winter crisis for years with long delays in A&E, routine operations being cancelled and hospitals running at full capacity.
The Prime Minister was forced to apologise for the cancelled operations.
The government is also having to deal with the collapse of Carillion which had contracts for hundreds of public sector projects across the country including HS2, the A14 road improvements and the rail line from London to Corby.
Emma Hutchinson was joined in the studio by three politicians from the East of England.
- James Cleverly has been the MP for Braintree since 2015 and was recently appointed Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party
- Gavin Shuker has been the Labour MP for Luton South since 2010.
- Baroness Sal Brinton is the President of the Liberal Democrats and was a county councillor in Cambridgeshire
The year 2018 will be another big year in UK politics with the final negotiations over Britain's withdrawal from the European Union.
Brexit is due to happen before the end of March 2019 but it is likely there will be transition or implementation period lasting up to two years after that.
- The next edition of Anglia Late Edition will be broadcast on ITV Anglia on Thursday 1 February 2018 at 10.45pm