Temperatures in the Anglia region on Sunday peaked at above 15°C making it feel more like mid April than late January.
The thermometer reached 15.1°C at Monks Wood near Sawtry in Cambridgeshire making it the warmest place in the UK. It got to 14.9°C at Holbeach in Lincolnshire.
The average maximum temperature in January in the Anglia region is usually 7°C.
Flowers like snowdrops and crocuses than normally bloom later in the year, in February and during the spring, are already out in some areas.
The temperature at Sawtry is the highest recorded so far this year in the Anglia region but well below any UK record for January. That stands at 18.3°C recorded at Aboyne in Scotland on 26 January 2003.
Overall January temperatures in the Anglia region have been around 1°C higher than normal during the month despite snowy and stormy weather at times.
The month has been a little wetter than normal but with the usual amount of sunshine - around two hours per day on average.
Maximum temperatures in the Anglia region on Sunday 28 January 2018
- 15.1°C at Monks Wood near Sawtry, Cambridgeshire
- 14.9°C in Holbeach, Lincolnshire
- 14.5°C in Marham, Norfolk
- 14.4°C in Wittering, Cambridgeshire
- 14.4°C in Houghton, Norfolk
- 14.3°C in Santon Downham, Suffolk
- 14.2°C in Bedford
- 14.1°C in Cromer, Norfolk
- 14.0°C in Writtle, Essex
- 13.9°C in Northampton
- 13.8°C in Stowe, Buckinghamshire
- 13.3°C in Tibenham, Norfolk
- 13.3°C in Shoeburyness, Essex