This report from ITV Anglia's Natalie Gray
More children are injured or killed as passengers in cars in Norfolk than as pedestrians or cyclists.
And yet a shocking 40% of car seats tested in the county last year had been incorrectly fitted or were inappropriate for the child.
This year the Norfolk Road Safety Team has a new message for parents - rear facing car seats can save lives.
People flouting child seat laws risk penalty points and up to a £500 fine. But there is a devastating cost too - 12 children under 10 are killed or injured in cars every day in the UK.
Norfolk Road Safety Team is visiting various locations in the county to check child seats already in cars are safe. Free child seat checks and advice at the at the following locations between 10am and 2pm
- Monday 6 August - Dereham, Tesco
- Tuesday 7 August - Swaffham, Tesco
- Wednesday 8 August - Downham Market, Tesco (2pm - 6pm)
- Thursday 9 August - King's Lynn, Sainsburys
- Friday 10 August - Hunstanton, Tesco
- Monday 13 August - Thetford, Tesco
- Tuesday 14 August - Harleston, Co-op
- Wednesday 15 August - Wymondham, Waitrose
- Thursday 16 August - Great Yarmouth, Asda
- Friday 17 August - Diss, Morrisons
- Monday 20 August - Norwich Harford Bridge, Tesco
- Tuesday 21 August - Holt, Budgens
- Wednesday 22 August - Norwich, Longwater Sainsburys
- Thursday, August 23 - Aylsham, Tesco
And here are some more top tips for child seats :