Hotels in Cambridge has revealed that among the items left behind in 2018 were a jilted bridegroom, a diamond tooth and a Great Dane dog called Mini.
Travelodge says that also among the lost property found at its hotels in Cambridge was a racing bike and jockey silks.
The hotel manager at Cambridge Orchard Park Travelodge got quite a shock when they found a jilted groom in his room sobbing on his wedding night.
Travelodge has 19 million people staying at its 557 hotels every year and the chain says it has seen a growing trend in forgetful pet owners.
One animal lover staying in Brighton for a summer break left behind their Blue Eyed cockatoo called Brexit. Three Butterfly Tail Fish called Kim, Kourtney and Khloe were left in London and two Persian cats called Moet and Chandon were left in Swindon after winning best in show.
Items left behind by guests in Travelodge hotels in 2018
- A Technicolour Dream Coat (Bath)
- A 5ft chocolate Easter bunny (Beaconsfield)
- A brand-new ice cream van (Crewe)
- A gallon of water from Loch Ness (Edinburgh)
- A replica of Meghan Markle’s wedding dress (London)
- A case of cheerleading pom poms (Manchester)
- A 30lb ball and chain (Newcastle)
- A traffic lollipop stick (Sheffield)
Among the most frequent items left behind are chargers, tablets, mobile phones and teddy bears.
All items left behind in Travelodge hotels not claimed within three months, are donated to local British Heart Foundation charity shops.