A chef from Peterborough will share her passion of Indian food on her new show on ITV.
Parveen Ashraf spoke to ITV News Anglia's Claire McGlasson about the making of 'Parveen's Indian Kitchen' starting at 9.30am on Sunday 20 January.
- Click below for Claire McGlasson's report
Here's the recipe she cooked with Claire:
CHICK PEA WITH SPINACH
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Serves 4 - 6 people (when served with rice)
- 2 medium sized onions - thinly sliced
- 2 tins of chick peas - washed and drained
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g) - blitzed in blender
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 500g Fresh h spinach
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 2 tsp of salt
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1. Heat the oil in the pan and add onions. Fry the onions until they are a golden brown.
- 2. On medium heat, add garlic, stir in and cook through for 1 minute.
- 3. Add tomatoes, chilli powder, salt, cumin and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, keep stirring, if sauce sticks, add a dash of water. The oil will separate and the sauce should have a thick consistency now.
- 4. Simmer on lowest heat for 10 minutes, this allows all the flavour to infuse.
- 5. Add chick peas, stir well, make sure that all the chick peas are covered in the sauce. Turn heat up to high and continue stirring for 5 to 7 minutes, If sauce sticks, add a dash of water and continue to stir.
- 6. Add 50ml ml of boiling water, stir through, add fresh coriander and spinach. With lid on, simmer for 5 minutes.