The speed limit on the Norfolk road where the Duke of Edinburgh crashed will be cut from 60mph to 50mph.
Prince Philip, 97, was involved in a collision on the A149 near the Queen's Sandringham Estate on Thursday 17 January.
Norfolk County Council has also said road safety cameras will be installed.
- Click below for Matthew Hudson's report
Cllr Martin Wilby, Chairman of Norfolk County Council’s Environment, Development and Transport Committee, said: “We have been looking closely into the safety of the A149 for some time."
Mr Wilby added: "A detailed report was submitted to Environment, Development and Transport Committee by Norfolk County Council officers last week along with a recommendation to approve, at today’s meeting, the implementation of a 50mph speed limit and to install road safety cameras.
“Based on the report and our dedication to the safety of the people in Norfolk, the committee has agreed to reduce the speed limit of the A149 to 50mph on two sections of the road and approved the Norfolk Camera Safety Partnership scheme to install road safety cameras along the road.
“I am also aware of local concerns about some of the junctions along the A149.
"In light of this, we have agreed that further work must be added to the Norfolk County Council’s Highways forward plan to investigate whether additional road safety measures need to be implemented."
Meanwhile, Norfolk Police said investigations were continuing into the crash.
Officers confirmed the driver of a Kia, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee while the passenger, a 45-year-old woman, sustained a broken wrist.
Both casualties were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and were discharged last night.
Police can also confirm a nine-month-old baby boy was in the Kia at the time of the incident and was uninjured.