The Met Office have issued two weather warnings for the Anglia region for Snow and Ice. Snow showers and icy stretches may cause some travel disruption.
The joint snow and ice warning is valid from midday Fri 1st February to midday Sat 2nd
The ice warning is valid from 1pm Fri 1st February to 11am Sat 2nd
Snow showers over northern Scotland and eastern England will also start to affect parts of western UK during Friday evening and night.
Away from northern Scotland, snow accumulations will be much smaller and patchier in nature.
As temperatures all during Friday evening there will be some icy stretches, especially on untreated surfaces where there is lying snow or where there has been any melting of snow during Friday daytime.
What to expect
- Possible travel delays on roads stranding some vehicles and passengers.
- Possible delays or cancellations to rail and air travel
- Some rural communities could become cut off
- Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected
- A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces
- Untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable because of black ice