Police are warning that teenagers are taking prescription medication not meant for them and it can be fatal.
Sam Foulkes from Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire was 18 when he died.
He had finished his A-levels last summer and took a combination of pills to relax.
Now his friends and family are raising money to warn others about the dangers.
They're licensed medicines which have been professionally manufactured and prescribed by doctors to help patients suffering with pain or anxiety.
But their side-effects are fuelling a dangerous trade with dealers selling them to a growing number of teenagers looking for a high.
Last summer 18-year-old Sam Foulkes from Buckden in Cambridgeshire took £10 worth of prescription drugs to relax.
Afterwards his breathing slowed and his heart stopped. His death was a shock for his friends.
The supply of the drugs comes from prescription medicine that makes it onto the black market alongside counterfeits manufactured by dealers
Pills are easy to order on social media sites and there’s even the option to buy in boxes from online pharmacies
Unless you have a prescription you’ll be breaking the law.
They may not be safe, but they are cheap and readily available. If discovered, they are easy to pass off as regular medicine.
Charity groups like Thrive and Sports Connections Foundation believe it’s better to talk.
Supported by money raised by Sam’s family and friends, they offer a space for young people to discuss issues - like peer pressure and drugs - and ask questions.