Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
Anglia Late Edition looks ahead to the local elections in the East of England on Thursday 2 May 2019 and discusses the impact of the climate change protests.
Nearly 1,500 councillors are up for election on 44 councils in the Anglia region in what will be the biggest test for the political parties since the last General Election in 2017.
- Click to watch the Anglia Late Edition programme broadcast on Thursday 25 April 2019
The programme also discussed the climate change protests which caused chaos in some parts of the London over Easter.
The Extinction Rebellion protests have highlighted the issued of global warning.
Emma Hutchinson was joined in the studio by three politicians from the Anglia region.
- Vicky Ford is the Conservative MP for Chelmsford and was an East of England Member of the European Parliament.
- Beth Miller is the Labour parliament candidate in the Northamptonshire seat of Corby.
- Baroness Sal Brinton is the President of the Liberal Democrats and was a Cambridgeshire County Council.
- Rupert Read is a Green Party activist and took part in the Extinction Rebellion protests. He was a Norwich City councillor