Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

'Bored workers' started Bury St Edmunds shop fire by 'cremating a mouse'

The fire broke out in a shop on Angel Hill last September. Credit: Leigh Last

A fire that wrecked a bike shop in Bury St Edmunds was caused by two workers cremating a mouse because they were bored.

The fire tore through the Cycle King shop on Angel Hill last September - causing £1.6 million worth of damage in the process, Ipswich Crown Court heard.

Two neighbouring buildings were also damaged.

Dysney Sibbons, 23, of Stowmarket, and Ashley Finley, 25, of Elmswell, admitted setting the mouse alight to amuse themselves on a slow day.

The men have been bailed and will be sentenced in June.