Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
Anglia Late Edition reports on the race to be our new Prime Minister. Can anyone beat the the runaway favourite Boris Johnson?
- Click to watch the Anglia Late Edition programme broadcast on Thursday 20 June 2019
Emma Hutchinson was joined in the studio by four politicians from the Anglia region.
- John Whittingdale is the former Culture Secretary and Conservative MP for Maldon in Essex.
- Daniel Ziechner is the Labour MP for Cambridge.
- Lucy Nethsingha was one of two Lib Dems elected to the European Parliament for the Eastern Region.
- Michael Heaver is one of three MEPs for the Brexit Party in the Eastern region.
The programme also includes a debate on knife crime after the Home Secretary allocated 18 forces worst affected by violent crime with extra cash. They include Thames Valley Police, Essex Police and Bedfordshire Police.
The final debate looks at cuts to public services and whether austerity has gone too far. It comes after a school in Cambridgeshire announced it would have to close early once a week to save money.
From September, Fulbourn Primary School near Cambridge will be closing at 1.30pm not 3.30pm on Wednesdays.
Head teacher Fiona Thorpe says it's the only way they can make ends meet without having to cut staffing levels.