Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Family with ten children left homeless after house fire in Clacton

Fire in Tanner Close Credit: ITV Anglia
The fire happened on Tanner Close in Clacton Credit: ITV Anglia

A family from Clacton have been left homeless after fire tore through their house.

Firefighters rescued a man and child from the fire in Tanner Close on Saturday 22 June.

The man had gone back into the burning home with a neighbour to try and get the seven children who were at home out.

Crews reported that the conservatory to the rear of the property and a nearby garden shed were alight. The home itself was completely smoke logged.

Firefighters immediately rescued the child from the downstairs of the premises and also led the man, who is in his thirties, to safety. He suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.

Essex fire says it thinks the fire was caused by faulty external wiring and started in the back garden.

Fire is thought to have started outside Credit: ITV Anglia