Anglia Late Edition is the regional politics programme for the East of England presented by political correspondent Emma Hutchinson
The race to become the next Prime Minister reaches its final stages as Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson are due to attend hustings in the East of England at the weekend.
And following Britain's delayed departure from the European Union and a clutch of new MEPs from the Anglia region have taken their seats at the European Parliament.
- Click to watch the Anglia Late Edition programme broadcast on Thursday 11 July 2019
The programme was presented from Westminster and from the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
The two guests in the studio were each supports of the rival contenders in the Conservative leadership race.
- Alistair Burt MP supports Jeremy Hunt for PM and is the MP for North East Bedfordshire. He campaigned to remain in the European Union.
- Peter Bone MP supports Boris Johnson from PM and is the MP for Wellingborough. He campaigned to remain in the European Union.
Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt clashed in the only televised head-to-debate between the pair which was broadcast on ITV on Tuesday 9 July.
The European Parliament sat for the first time on Tuesday 2 July 2019 following the European Elections in May which Britain was not supposed to take part in.
The UK was due to leave the EU at the end of March but that has now been delayed until the planned departure date of 31 October.
The Eastern region has seven MEPs representing Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Three of them are from the Brexit Party, with two Liberal Democrats along with a single Conservative MEP and one new Green MEP.
- Micheal Heaver MEP - Brexit Party
- Barbara Gibson MEP - Liberal Democrats
- Geoffrey Van Orden MEP - Conservative
- Catherine Rowett MEP - Green Party