Rail services between Stansted Airport in Essex and London are being delayed and cancelled because of overhead cable problems at Broxbourne.
Network Rail engineers have found some of the overhead wires to be sagging and as a result we are unable to run trains between Broxbourne and Stansted Airport.
There are further problems with overhead wires in the Harlow Town area disrupting train services between Liverpool Street and Bishop's Stortford, Stansted Airport and Cambridge.
The train operator Greater Anglia says the engineers are working as quickly as possible to repair the damage and return the train service to normal.
Advice to travellers
- Rail replacement buses are in circulation, operating between Broxbourne and all stations to Stansted Airport.
- A half hourly train shuttle service will operate between Bishop's Stortford and Cambridge.
- An hourly train shuttle service will also operate between Cambridge and Stansted Airport.
- A train shuttle service will also operate between Stansted Airport and Bishops Stortford.
- Greater Anglia Tickets will be accepted on London Underground services between Liverpool Street and Kings for passengers travelling to Hertford East, Stansted Airport and Cambridge.
- Tickets will be accepted on Thameslink/Great Northern services between King's Cross, Moorgate and Hertford North and Cambridge.
- Tickets will also be accepted on Cross Country Trains between Cambridge and Stansted Airport.
- Customers for Stansted Airport may travel via King's Cross to Cambridge and then on the local services from Cambridge to Stansted Airport (please note there is a limited service from Cambridge to Stansted Airport).
- Please allow extra time for your journey as the journey between Liverpool Street and Cambridge via Kings Cross is up to 1 hour and 50 minutes.